Post 4: My Favourite Cartoon

When I think of my childhood, one of  the first memories that came to my mind are the cartoon series that I used to see. I have many favorite cartoon series, but this time I would like to talk about an animated serie created in Chile! In fact, the first Chilean cartoon made under traditional animation; Diego & Glot.  Even though i was 8 years old when this serie released, it  touched something deep in me, it was the first time that i saw a cartoon based in my own country (I was used to seeing series made in USA). I think that is the main reason why i like it, besides, the cartoon showed a large number of characters, places and Chilean culture.

In particular, “Diego & Glot” tells the story and adventures of Diego Plá an 11 year-old-boy, his family, friends and of course “Glot”, his iconic green mestizo dog (a chilean "quiltro"). If you don’t know the cartoon, i recommend that you take a look at the intro, it’s amazing and you’ll understand everything that i said.

I used to watch the cartoon every weekend on TV on channel 13, and i loved it when they showed my favourite episode named "Holidays", when the family of Diego and his friends went on holiday to Chiloé !!! Ironically portraying everything about the magic, stories and landscapes of southern Chile. It’s a wonderful episode and today is on YouTube! :-) 




Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

The best concert i've been to: Blur

Post 5: My Future Job

Post 7: Wild animals and pets